Together we stand in solidarity with communities of color against the socioeconomic and cultural values that lead to hate, systemic racism, and violence. We must listen openly and support one another as allies against injustice. As architects, we are committed to advancing a more just and equitable built world.
As an industry, we are dedicated to self-education. Here is a list of resources we’re learning from:
- Full Remarks of Whitney M. Young Jr. AIA Annual Convention in Portland, Oregon June 1968
- Everyone deserves universal respect and human dignity. – AIA
- AIA and Others Respond to the Unrest in the Wake of the Killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis
- NOMAS Public Statement Regarding Racial Injustice, May 31, 2020
- Architects Leading the Way to Racial Justice
- Opinion: Blackout — Amplifying the Voices of Blackness Within Architecture