Bohlin Cywinski Jackson is seeking architectural designers with 3-5 years of professional experience for immediate positions for our studios in Pittsburgh, Wilkes-Barre, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, and New York. This is a temporary, maximum 6-month, opportunity that may lead to possible full-time employment.
Project types could range from residential, mixed use, academic and workplace. Assignments will vary based on project needs, skills, and experience, but a generalist background and ability to take on a wide variety of short- and medium-term assignments in all phases of project development and construction administration is highly valued.
Primary Job Responsibilities (what you will do)
- Prepare and develop advanced architectural documentation in plan, elevation, section, detail, etc.
- Anticipate and develop solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Communicate concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written means.
- Immediately available and able to collaborate with project team in a remote environment.
- Excellent time management, able to work on multiple tasks in parallel.
- Concise and personable verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work both self-directed and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Detail and task-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
- Exceptional design skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Revit and 3D modeling is required for this position.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites is preferred.
Training and Experience
- Professional Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-degree firm experience.
- Experience with design detailing and documentation.
- Knowledge of LEED and / or Well Building Standards is preferred but not required.
Working at Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Our culture values humility and collaboration. We ask questions and listen deeply rather than approaching design opportunities with preconceptions. We seek to inspire one another and push the boundaries of what is possible to preserve our natural environment, advance our craft, and help our clients achieve their goals. Bohlin Cywinski Jackson offers an opportunity to grow professionally through innovative projects and work with colleagues. Please explore our website for more information on our firm, our culture, and our people.
We are pleased to provide a competitive benefit package for this position. We are currently operating in a remote, work-from-home model during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants must be able to work remotely and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter along with a single page resume and a digital portfolio to email@example.com with “2021 Temporary Employment” in the email subject line. Upon receipt, we will review and contact you should your qualifications meet our staffing needs. We regret that we are unable to respond to phone inquiries.